WHY DO WE TAKE PEOPLE OFF BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATIONS IN NATUR-MED?
We have been experiencing since 2004 that the blood pressure values of our guests with high blood pressure reduce after joining Natur-Med program and also that, 60% of the people coming with high blood pressure complaint (who are told by their doctors that they have hypertension, who are prescribed medication and are told that they should take those pills for the rest of their lives) do not have hypertension at all! These results are published in medical journals in Germany.
Reasons to quit blood pressure medication:
- You might be wrongly diagnosed as might not be having hypertension. Our doctors decide if you actually have high blood pressure after you begin Natur-Med program and take our blood pressure regulation therapy (BPRT).
- Natur-Med daily rejuvenation program and complementary therapies lower and/or regulate blood pressure. Also the healthy environment, fresh air, nature, being away from stress, the city and work provides relaxation.
-BPRT provides blood pressure regulation. You learn how to increase your relaxation capacity to regulate your blood pressure through BPRT.
-The CO2 in the hot spring mineral water lowers blood pressure.
A guest’s blood pressure was 146/85 when he first came to Natur-Med. If this measurement was taken in any hospital, the doctor would decide that this person has hypertension and prescribe him drugs. However, the last 10. measurement value was 105/79, which actually is a low blood pressure.
Factors affecting blood pressure:
1. Every kind of physical and emotional change, nutrition and life style affects blood pressure, such as: High physical effort, pain, stress, thoughts, emotions, temperature, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, salt and fat consumption and etc.
2. The blood pressure changes during the day. Between 07:00-10:00 am and 16:00-19:00 pm it is the highest and at 03:00 am it is the lowest.
3. Whitecoat hypertension: High blood pressure which occurs only at the doctor's office. It is a result of stress, expectations, waiting too long at the doctor’s office, impolite attitude of the doctor or other medical staff and etc. This is a common problem, affecting up to 20 percent of the population.
Blood Pressure Regulatıon Therapy (BPRT)
1. BPRT is a relaxation method developed by Prof.Dr.Karl Hecht, MD. The goal is to regulate the blood pressure, to see the relaxation capacity of the person, and to get the most accurate results. It is not only a method to verify if the person has actually hypertension , but also a technique to regulate blood pressure using the person’s own relaxation capacity.
2. BPRT should be applied in a quiet room, neither too cold, nor too warm.
3. Blood pressure regulation therapy should be applied without taking any high blood pressure medications.
4. Positioning: Blood pressure should be measured while seated comfortably. The person should relax for at least 10 minutes before the measurement to adjust to the room temperature. The arm used for measurement should be uncovered, and supported at the level of the heart.
5. A measurement right after exercise ,smoking, caffeine consumption and etc. leads to inaccurate results as they all raise the blood pressure.
6. The proper cuff size for the person should be chosen. The "default" cuff that is usually kept in the examining room is meant to be used for average sized people, and will not produce an accurate reading if you are larger or smaller than average.
7. Automatic blood pressure monitors provide better results in comparison to the conventional ones. The main reason is that they are operator independent and automatic which provides accurate results. Also they are easy to use and have digital readouts. They do not require using a stethoscope or other difficult steps. Due to this reason, blood pressure regulation therapy is applied using automatic devices.
8. The blood pressure should be checked in both arms.
9. One measurement is not enough to get an accurate result. There is an essential need for multiple measurements to watch how the values change. In BPRT, first the person is guided to relax with deep breathing exercise. Then, the blood pressure is measured 10 times in 10 minutes. In addition to these multiple measurements at one session, the measurements should be repeated every day.
10. The person can continue this method at home. It’s easy, free and has no side effects. But people should not self-monitor their blood pressure at home which can lead to incorrect measurements When the persone checks the blood pressure at home, someone else should monitor the results and note the 10 measurement results for a more consistent and accurate reading.
Please expect from the person measuring your blood pressure the correct technique!
Dr.Yasar Yilmaz, MD