Benefits of Regular Exercise:
- Makes the heart muscles stronger and more efficient.
- The blood vessels dilate during exercise, and so more blood reaches the muscles. It has been found that during vigorous or rapid exercise, the blood circulation in certain muscles and organs increases 25 to 30 times, thus supplying the muscles and organs with more oxygen and a larger number of red blood corpuscles.
- Breathing becomes deeper, making increased quantities of oxygen available.
- The secretion of the digestive juices is stimulated by exercise. Thus digestion becomes more efficient.
- Stimulates the intestinal movements (peristalsis), resulting in more effective elimination of wastes.
- Strengthens the muscles, promotes their development and increases their efficiency. Stronger muscles lend better support to the joints.
- Stimulates bone formation and strengthens bones.
- Leads to a healthier skin through improved circulation, perspiration and efficient disposal of impurities and dirt.
- Supports detoxification. The temperature of the body rises during exercise. This promotes the burning up of the toxic substances in the body.
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”- John Muir
Starting the day with the sunrise walking in the forest is not only a physical activity, but also a kind of meditation. According to Japanese scientist Yoshifumi Miyazaki ‘forest bathing’ can significantly lower levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone. Forest walk also lowers blood pressure and heart rate. It bolsters the immune system and provides a support against cancer cell formation.
“Getting back to nature is actually like a physiological homecoming” says Greg Seaman. He adds: “Bringing ourselves and our children into nature offers significant benefits for our personal well-being, as well as needed perspective to help support and guide future forest management practices.”
Water Gym (Aqua Aerobics-Aqua Gym)
A water exercise of around 15 minutes 6x a week in Natur-Med hot spring pools will help you:
- Burn fat and loose weight.
- Build strength and flexibility.
- Support your rehabilitation process if you are recovering from an injury.
Water gym is especially recommended for the following conditions:
- Back pain
- Joint problems
- Soft-tissue injury
- Cardiac patients
Exercising in water requires you to support only half of your body weight, making exercises easier to perform. Water’s buoyancy lowers the risk of stress-related injuries that some land exercises have The water’s resistance against your movements results in a higher workout intensity compared to land exercises.