This alternative treatment method is based on electromagnetic fields’ effects on human health. Magnetic field therapy uses magnets to maintain health and treat illness. Magnets and electromagnetic therapy devices are used to eliminate pain, facilitate healing of broken bones, and counter the effects of stress.
The human body and the earth naturally produce electric and magnetic fields. Electromagnetic fields also can be technologically produced, such as radio and television waves. Interactions between the body, the earth, and other electromagnetic fields cause physical and emotional changes in humans. External magnetic fields affect the body's functioning in both positive and negative ways. The body's electromagnetic field must be in balance to maintain good health, which is the basic understanding behind the development of magnetic field therapy.
What is magnetic field therapy used for?
Magnet therapy can be used for a wide range of health problems, some of which are:
- Joint problems, such as arthritis.
- Migraine, headaches.
- Detox and rejuvenation programs
- Anti-aging and anti-stress programs
- Immune system deficiencies
- Pain, including mild to moderate pain after surgery as well as long-term (chronic) pain.
- Overstretched muscles or injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons (strains and sprains).
Recommended reading: William Pawluk, MD, MSc, Magnopro, What is Magnetic Field Therapy, ecomall.com/greenshopping/otusa.htm
The effects of electromagnetic radiation on human health