Pressotherapy is a controlled compression system, which operates via inflating pumps. It is a painless and non-invasive detoxification therapy. Providing lymphatic drainage, it bolsters body’s natural detoxification functions.
Some benefits of Pressotherapy are as follows:
- Helping the body dispose of excess water and liquid fat, pressotherapy complements NaturMed detoxification and weight loss programs.
- Improves blood flow and oxygenation.
- It is an excellent means for cellulite treatment.
- Shapes the body, helps to slim and redefine the legs and the stomach.
- Increases venous and lymphatic circulation.
- Relieves sore muscles.
- Reduces edema.
- Relieves leg pain and swelling.
- Improves skin tone and firmness.
- Helps reduce stress.
SWT (Shockwave Therapy)
Shockwaves are acoustic waves with an extremely high energy peak like ones which occur in the atmosphere after an explosive event such as a lightning strike or a sonic boom. A shockwave differs from ultrasound by its extremely large pressure amplitude. Additionaly, ultrasound usually consists of a periodic oscillation, whereas a shockwave is a single pulse.
Over time, acoustic wave has proven to be an effective and non-invasive method for the treatment of localized musculoskeletal pathology including epicondylitis, heel spur and plantar fascitis, rotator cuff disorders, trigger points, variety of chronic tendinopathies and many other indications.
Shockwave therapy is most frequently used in physiotherapy, orthopedics and sports medicine. Most common indications include:
- Painful shoulder
- Low back pain
- Achilles tendon pain
- Patellar tendonitis
- Trigger points treatment
- Frozen shoulder
- Periarthritis humeroscapularis
- Calcar calcanei/ heel spur
- Arthrotic changes - secondary symptoms
- Lateral & ulnar epicondylitis
- Muscular distension
- Prolonged joint distorsion treatment
- Groin pain
- Hip pain
- Low-back pain
Magnetic Field Therapy
This alternative treatment method is based on electromagnetic fields’ effects on human health. Magnetic field therapy uses magnets to maintain health and treat illness. Magnets and electromagnetic therapy devices are used to eliminate pain, facilitate healing of broken bones, and counter the effects of stress.
The human body and the earth naturally produce electric and magnetic fields. Electromagnetic fields also can be technologically produced, such as radio and television waves. Interactions between the body, the earth, and other electromagnetic fields cause physical and emotional changes in humans. External magnetic fields affect the body's functioning in both positive and negative ways. The body's electromagnetic field must be in balance to maintain good health, which is the basic understanding behind the development of magnetic field therapy.
What is magnetic field therapy used for?
Magnet therapy can be used for a wide range of health problems, some of which are:
- Joint problems, such as arthritis.
- Migraine, headaches.
- Detox and rejuvenation programs
- Anti-aging and anti-stress programs
- Immune system deficiencies
- Pain, including mild to moderate pain after surgery as well as long-term (chronic) pain.
- Overstretched muscles or injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons (strains and sprains).
Recommended reading: William Pawluk, MD, MSc, Magnopro, What is Magnetic Field Therapy, ecomall.com/greenshopping/otusa.htm
The effects of electromagnetic radiation on human health